+46 735 022 696
roben-automotive / Who we are / William Zeng
William Zeng, holds 25+ years of work experience across a number of industries (incl. automotive) with various role-takings in R&D (PA/FA/SA/Powertrain), Engineering, Sales & Marketing, Product Management, Project Management, Technical Standardization (SEK/TK65 in Sweden and SAC/TC124 in China), Business Development & Management, including 17+ years in ABB Sweden & China and recent 5+ years in CEVT (China Euro Vehicle Technology AB) in Sweden.
His cross-industry experience gained in process industry e.g. Oil & Gas (both onshore and offshore) and Petrochemical & chemicals, Metals, Mining and Marine as well as manufacturing automation, system-oriented thinking (integrated functional safety and cybersecurity in the context of streamlined system engineering) and holistic approach in particular, has surely benefit and contribute to his recent work in Automotive where he has been taking & practising Functional Safety Management role in leading and delivering quality FuSa work in a few product development projects at both system-level (as Tier 1 in powertrain domain) and vehicle-level (as OEM to develop ADS-Ready EV intended for RobotTaxi application).
In late 2022 he founded Roben Automotive AB (registered in Sweden) and starts to offer technical and management consultancy, by utilizing his automotive and industry knowledge and experience, to customers in developing products of robust & resilient design in compliance with standards and regulations concerned.
- Trained industrial automation professional
- Licentiate of Engineering from the Royal institute of Technology (KTH)
- System Design
- 15+ years working with Functional Safety cross industries
- Safety manager at both system- and vehicle- level in automotive
- Have worked in OEM & Tier I & Research organizations
- 11+ years working in technical standardization both in Sweden (SEK/TK 65) and China (SAC/TC124) including Functional Safety
- Facilitating coordination and collaboration between entities in China and Europe for synergy
- Additional experience:
- Technology & Product & Project & Team Management
- Business development and Business Management
- Leadership in regional technology associations
- Sales & Marketing
- Writer (documentation)