+48 123 456 789 email@example.com
roben-automotive / Who we are / Marcel Romijn
Marcel Romijn has over 15 years of experience in the automotive industry working on the engineering, type approval, quality/processes, and management sides. Also, he has cooperated with legal, manufacturing, and after-sales/service areas of OEMs and TierIs. A large part of this experience comes from all aspects of On-Board Diagnostics and Emissions Systems Anti-Tampering, mostly for the US market with companies such as PACCAR/DAF Trucks and Delphi Technologies (now Borg Warner).
A variety of consultancy tasks in OBD and functional safety and quality processes followed for automotive and off-highway industries. For a few years, he worked at FEV Europe as the Deputy Department Manager for all Diesel Powertrains OBD & Diagnostics on all markets. In 2018 he founded Roben Automotive – The Netherlands, where he targets OBD, Diagnostics, Functional Safety, and Cyber Security, using his automotive systems knowledge and experience in robust design to comply with standards and regulations
- Trained automotive & truck technician
- BSc. in Automotive Engineering
- Over 15 years working in all aspects of OBD
- Detection mechanisms development, calibration, and testing. Safe state and limp home definition. Failure analysis methods.
- ~7 years working in various aspects of Functional Safety – provides an experience basis for CS
- Safety manager for sub-systems and for whole vehicle level
- Experience in safety for electrical powertrains, HV batteries, ADAS/AD systems, and HMI.
- ~5 years working in various aspects of Automotive Cyber Security and Software Update Management; including UNECE R155 and R156 compliance
- Development of protection and detection on OBD/Diagnostics communication against spoofing
- CSMS & SUMS Implementation for whole vehicle lifecycle
- Advising and sometimes participant role in the creation of SAE standards for OBD, Cyber Security, Electric Vehicles, etc.
- Have been embedded in OEM & TierI organizations in Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg, Germany, Sweden and USA
- Have been embedded in OEM & TierI organizations in Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg, Germany, Sweden and USA.
- Development processes experience, including Agile, ASPICE.