+48 123 456 789 email@example.com
Marcel Romijn has over 15 years of experience in all aspects of On-Board Diagnostics. Many of the experience comes from projects for the US market, such as PACCAR/DAF Trucks and Delphi Technologies. A variety of consultancy tasks in OBD and functional safety and quality processes followed for automotive and off-highway industries. For a few years, he worked at FEV Europe as the Deputy Department Manager for all Diesel Powertrains OBD & Diagnostics on all markets. In 2018 he founded Roben Automotive – The Netherlands, where he targets OBD, Diagnostics, Functional Safety, and Cyber Security, using his automotive systems knowledge and experience in robust diagnostic design to comply with standards and regulations.
- Trained automotive & truck technician
- BSc. in Automotive Engineering
- ~15 years working in all aspects of OBD – provides an experience basis for Functional Safety and CS
- Detection mechanisms development, calibration, and testing. Safe state and limp home definition. Failure analysis methods.
- ~5 years working in various aspects of Functional Safety – provides an experience basis for CS
- Safety manager for sub-systems and for whole vehicle level
- ~3 years working in various aspects of Automotive Cyber Security
- Development of protection and detection on OBD/Diagnostics communication against spoofing
- Advising role in creation of SAE standards (ordered by US Congress) on Diagnostics & Security: J3005 and J3138
- Monitoring development of SAE Automotive Cyber Security Standard J3061, NHTSA Best Practices guides, etc.
- Have been embedded in OEM & TierI organizations
- PACCAR/DAF Trucks, FEV Europe, Delphi Technologies, DANA Spicer, NEVS AB, CEVT AB, etc.
- Additional experiences
- SW Development & processes, incl. Agile
- Vehicle motion control & architecture
- Management & Project leading